JUNE 2019 ISSUE - In this issue, learn about the following Trends, Entrants, and Developments that I.M.P.A.C.T. and Contribute to VBHC:
Apple and Medication Adherence
Physicians & Digital Health Scorecard to Validate Products
Telehealth and Retail Clinics and More
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE:
Can the Time of Day Patients See Their Doctor Impact Their Cancer Care?
Cost - A Part of The Care Conversation
AI, Voice and Chatbots & Patient Engagement & More
Training to Communicate Medication Costs During Care Visits
Your Best Employees - Losing Motivation, Why? and More
Ending Surprise Medical Bills
CMS-outcomes-based ways to address expensive drugs
Leapfrog and Avoidable Patient Deaths
CMS home-based primary care model yields mixed results
6. AFFORDABILITY AND VALUE:
Americans And Healthcare Costs
The RAND Study: Prices Paid to Hospitals...
April 2019 Issue - learn about the following Trends, Entrants, and Developments that I.M.P.A.C.T. and Contribute to VBHC:
• How AI, Blockchain Combine to Fuel Healthcare Big Data Analytics
• AHRQ Announces Predictive Analytics, Inpatient Data Challenge
• How telemedicine is evolving to support variety in care
• BCBSA Data Analytics Reveal Shifts in Behavioral, Mental Health
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE:
• Patient Control Over Health Data
• The Caregiver Gap
• How to Run a Brainstorming Meeting that Actually Works
• Employee engagement crucial for patient-centered care, says Press Ganey
• As Your Team Gets Bigger, Your Leadership Style Has to Adapt
• Looking to make big changes? Here are 4 places for healthcare leaders should start
• With Medicare-for-all unlikely to pass, is Medicare buy-in option a realistic alternative?
• Medicare for...
March 2019 Issue - learn about the following Trends, Entrants, and Developments that I.M.P.A.C.T. and Contribute to VBHC:
1. INFRASTRUCTURE: CVS and digital; Amazon and PillPack; Aetna, Anthem, IBM and Healthcare Blockchain
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE: UHC and digital data for Medicare beneficiaries; Using Virtual Reality to see cancer
3. PEOPLE: 11 Books You Can’t Miss in 2019; Why Highly Efficient Leaders Fail; Educating the next generation of leaders; more
4. POLICY: Different Takes: Pros And Cons Of ‘Medicare For All’ ; The New Congress - Crucial Health Issues
5. PERFORMANCE: CMS and (CAR) T-cell Therapy; Next Generation Of Performance Measures for Value-Based Payment
6. AFFORDABILITY AND VALUE: CMS and healthcare spending by 2027; Drug costs and Pharmacists; Walmart virtual visits from $40 to $4
7. COMMUNITY: ProMedica and SDoH; NQF, Aetna to Collaborate on Social Det...
JANUARY 2019 Issue - learn about the following Trends, Entrants, and Developments that I.M.P.A.C.T. and Contribute to VBHC:
1. INFRASTRUCTURE: Blockchain In Healthcare; Clinical Intelligence; Interoperability; and Top 10 Healthcare Innovations for in 2019
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE: Member Experience Improvement; Americans ‘Risking It’ Without Insurance; Amazon Prime and Medicaid; Digital Tools & Customer Experience; And Patients Becoming Better Partners in Their Care
3. PEOPLE: Providers & Value-Based Care In 2019; Physicians, Developers, And Apps; Oprah – Successful People Vs Dreamers; Can You Be A Great Leader and Also Have A Life?
4. POLICY: Midterm Election Results: 6 Ways Healthcare Could Change In 2019; 340B Reversal; ACA and Texas; Site-Neutral Payments for Hospital Clinic Visits; And More
5. PERFORMANCE: CMS And Value-Based Payments; Nextgen ACOs Bonuses and Savings I...
DECEMBER 2018 Issue - learn about the following Trends, Entrants, and Developments that I.M.P.A.C.T. and Contribute to VBHC:
HHS to reduce EMR burdens; hospitals & clinics on Apple's health records feature; Amazon's Alexa Transforming Healthcare; The shifting focus of digital health
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE
Want to make patients better partners in their care?
This Is the Secret to Avoiding Burnout; The Fundamentals of Leadership Still Haven’t Changed; How Our Careers Affect Our Children; More
7 key changes to the QPP in CMS' final physician payment rule
CMS and Medicare Part B Drug Reimbursement changes through Proposed International Pricing Index (IPI) Model
6. AFFORDABILITY AND VALUE
Hospital executives hew to tradition and miss valuable areas for cost cutting; Site-Neutral Payments for Hospital Clinic Visits S...
The Latest ClinOps I.M.P.A.C.T. Summaries – OCTOBER 2018: Trends in Value-Based Health Care. In this issue, learn about:
1. INFRASTRUCTURE: Cybersecurity strategy; Amazon, Walmart and biometric monitoring; Institutions that support health records on iPhone
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE: Payers Face Disconnect in Beneficiary Engagement Preferences; CMS Releases Quality Star Ratings for Medicare Plan Patient Access
3. PEOPLE: Why Leaders Need to Cultivate Complementary Strengths; Bold Moves-Risking revenue and relearning your job; Fostering diversity for the next generation of healthcare leaders; When to Stick with Something — and When to Quit
4. POLICY: CMS eyes Part D catastrophic coverage reforms that would shift risk to insurers
5. PERFORMANCE: Medicare Bundled Payments Model Cut Costs, Maintained Quality; Organizational Grit: Turning passion and perseverance into performance
1. INFRASTRUCTURE: New Apple Watch adds ECG application; Healthcare and blockchain; Digital disruption and the healthcare supply chain
2. MEMBER EXPERIENCE: Low consumer literacy of healthcare industry – costly; Consumerism in healthcare – expectations and challenges
3. PEOPLE: She’s worn both a hospital gown and a white coat…; Cultivate curiosity; Understanding Integrity on a Deeper Level
4. PERFORMANCE: Developing a 2018 MIPS reporting strategy to avoid a penalty
5. AFFORDABILITY AND VALUE: Reducing unwarranted variation & increasing the value of care; Indication-based formulary design beginning in contract year (CY) 2020; A team of hospitals launch a nonprofit drug company to fight high drug prices; Half a century of the health care crisis (and still going strong)
6. COMMUNITY: How NCH Healthcare System is building healthier communities; OhioHealth addresses social...
The Latest ClinOps I.M.P.A.C.T. Summaries – AUGUST 2018: Trends, Entrants, and Developments in Value-Based Health Care. In this issue, learn about:
• CMS Overhaul of ACO Rules and Telehealth
• Amazon, Google, IBM Pledge Health Data Standards and Interoperability
• The consumer has spoken
• Gottlieb-Listening to Patients a Priority
• Few hospitals dedicate space for family caregivers
• Only 22% of Medicare Advantage Customers are Aware of Star Ratings and more
• Google Researches What Makes a Great Boss
• The Secret Sauce of Successful Clinical Partnerships
• The 4 Kinds of Leaders Who Create the Future
• The Leader’s Guide to Corporate Culture and More
• Physician Perspectives in Year 1 Of MACRA & MIPS
• A New Start for Medicare’s ACOs and More
AFFORDABILITY & VALUE:
• The 100 Days of Action on the American Patient First Bluep...
The Latest ClinOps I.M.P.A.C.T. Summaries – JULY 2018: Trends in Value-Based Health Care. In this issue, learn about:
INFRASTRUCTURE: Amazon and PillPack, Digital Pill of the Future, Humana’s telehealth cuts cost
MEMBER EXPERIENCE: Shared decision-making and patient engagement, Measuring what matters most to people with complex needs
PEOPLE: Summer for CEOs to do the triple Rs, The evolution of payer-provider partnerships, Helping remote teams thrive, Preparing for a crisis you couldn’t possibly predict
PERFORMANCE: Roadblocks Facing Healthcare Quality, Continuous learning is key to digital transformation, Medicare Advantage to avoid MIPS rules
AFFORDABILITY AND VALUE: Reduce Unwarranted Care Variation in oncology, Slashing costs and the hospital CEO, ICER and prescription drug increases
COMMUNITY: Intermountain Healthcare and social determinants of health, A new breed of Medicaid innov...